Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Obama, Obama, Obama, He did that!

So if you don't know by now, our President, Barack Obama has passed the Health Care Reform Bill. The biggest deal in the healthcare world in 100 years! And I have to be honest I really didn't know that much about it. I'd heard the rheoric and I did a 'little' research, but as far as having a decent debate/conversation based on facts, um I'd have to sit that one out.


I just wanted him to pass something for the sake of passing something, well not anything determental to society, but I really wanted a big "win" for Barack. I know, I know, but it seemed like er'body was against him, republicans, militant black folk, bloggers, babies, Buddha, every-one! Faux News spewed all kinds of hatred, the Congressional Black Caucus had a serious case of crabs, and Concrete Loop and MediaTakeOut were full of hatemongers.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but I am a strong believer that opinions should be rooted in fact or personal experience in some cases. The haters didn't make ANY sense AT ALL, but the Pres could whoop some ass with facts and number. My goodness. The Dems could really put a verbal factual 'smack down' on the repubs. So I sided with them. But I'm not a total sheep, I did little more digging. You should mosey over to http://www.whitehose.gov/ and http://www.healthreform.gov/.

A Facebook friend posted a link that I think is benefical. It lists the top 10 facts to know about healthcare reform. I listed the fact below, but if you click the title you can read the entire article it also includes links for more research.

1. The plan is not a government takeover of health care like in Canada or Britain.

2. Insurance companies will be regulated more heavily.

3. Everyone will have to have health insurance or pay a fine, a requirement known as the individual mandate.

4. Employers will not be required to buy insurance for their employees, but large employers may be subject to fines if they don't provide insurance.

5. The vast majority of people will not see significant declines in premiums.

6. The plan might or might not bend the curve on health spending.

7. The government-run Medicare program will keep paying medical bills for seniors, but it will begin implementing cost controls on health care providers, mostly through penalties and incentives.

8. Medicaid, a joint federal-state program for the poor, will cover all of the poor, instead of just a few groups the way it currently does.

9. The government won't pay for elective abortions.

10. No one is proposing new benefits for illegal immigrants.

BTW, did hear Joe Biden drop the F-bomb? This guy reminds me of an old Hollywood actor or one of those big ass heads in parades. I call him Hollywood Joe.