Thursday, February 10, 2011

So...It's Black History Month

I loves me some black people, in fact being black is the best part of waking up. One would think I loved the month of February, black history month, but I don’t, not really. It’s too shallow too commercial. It’s great to hear about the “first African American to (insert whatever),” but to me it’s almost like saying the first black to join the human race. Not to discredit black firsts, I’m well aware of the trails, tribulations, -isms, and –ites, blacks must face, but I want to make sure that people know what we contribute to this great nation, what we contribute to the world, besides the coonery that is modern day “hip-hip.”

So I’m going to make an effort to learn a few new facts for myself and share a few tidbits on my blog.

I wanna be one of those black people who go off with, "Black people invented...." You know that person who gets worked up, "Black people invented skateboarding! Black people invented swimming! Black people invented surfing!"

Stay tuned.