Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Keri Hilson: In a Perfect World


I really wasn't checking for Keri Hilson a few weeks ago. She seemed like a nice enough girl, but a little blah. There was nothing about her style or energy that made her stand out too much. I liked "Energy", but not enough to wait for an album. It was "Turnin Me On" featuring Lil Wayne that really made me pay attention. That song is hot and the video is cute. I think I like it because I can do the dance steps. Anywho, ever since that song I've been waiting for "In a Perfect World." Plus, I'm just in the mood for new music. I'm listening to it now and so far I like it there are a lot of collaboratiions. I guess she's trying to capitalize on the popularity of other celebs like Trina, Keyshia Cole, Akon, Chris Brown, Timbaland, Ne-Yo and Kanye West.

The album is a mix of pop and R&B. The songs go together this album is not all over the place and I like that she is not selling her coochie like so many of these other "singers." Her album takes on the tone that she is an independent woman that doesn't need a man, but would welcome a relationship. Kudos! It's danceable and I listened to the whole thing. Other stand outs of the album include "Knock You Down" featuring Kanye West and Ne-Yo and "Energy."

I give the album 3.5 stars out of 5. You could just download the singles to save a few bucks though. Click of the post title to learn more about Miss Keri.