Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Still Stanning

What is a stan? Below is the best description from someone at Urban Dictionary. com:

1. stan - Based on the central character in the Eminem song of the same name, a "stan" is an overzealous maniacal fan for any celebrity or athlete.

A Typical Kobe Bryant Stan would say something like. "Kobe Bryant scored 81 points last night. Kobe could beat God himself in a game of 1 on 1 hoops. To hell with Michael Jordan or Wilt Chamberlain, they aren't on Kobe's level!"

stalker fanatic fan obsessed infatuated blind loyalty by Terminator-C Feb 12, 2006 email it 0 comments

So I am not really a stan, but I really really like the bands from Making the Band 4 in the following order: Day 26, Danity Kane and Donnie.

I don't have a favorite in Day 26. However I like Mike the least. Can you say PRICK? Prior to going to their Meet & Greet after the MTB4 concert in Baltimore, I'd read on the blogs that Brian and Robert were the coolest and Mike was an a-hole. Well both Robert and Mike must have been on their periods the day of the Meet & Greet. I mean Robert is from the D too so I expected some light convo i.e. What high school did you go to? Eastside or Westside? 6 mile, 7 mile or 8 mile? What did I get? Nothing just a tight smile and a head nod. Well, bump you too.

Mike! Mike can I get some eye contact? I mean I bought the album, paid for the concert and the Meet & Greet. In the words of a comedian I can't remember the name of "I put them rims, on your car." He was referring to the weed man standing by a pimped out car who acted like he was doing him a favor by selling him weed. Essentially, Mike I helped put you on the other side of the table. You could at least smile and pretend to be interested. He just rubbeb me the wrong way. You know you and Robert owe me $12.72 each.

Well, I forgave Robert. I still remember his swagger through out the show and he reminds me of myself sometimes. Besides we all have our bad days, right? I haven't changed my mind about Mike even though I like how he just tells it like it is sometimes. Anyhoo. I don't have a favorite but Que, Will and Brian really impressed me. They seemed so genuinely happy to be there and grateful for their fans. Que reminds me of the cute guy in high school who was popular because he got along with everyone and wanted everyone to be cool. When I think of Will I think of loyalty for some reason. He's got that real grown and sexy swagger. Plus his wife is brown skinned. Brian reminds me of Scrappy Doo. His voice is amazing and he seems hungry like he really wants to do well. He's little too. I connect more with Will and Brian because I'm grown and sexy myself. I got a hug from Will and Brian kissed my right cheek unprompted. He seems like a womanizer, but who could he resist the sweetness of my cheek? Way cool right?

I got autographs from Danity Kane. My favorite is Dawn, but she wasn't there. They put on a good show and they are all tiny. I mean like under 5'4. Wanita was surprisingly sweet. Aundrea and Shannon were too. Aubrey was not and let's leave at that (Christina Aguilera wanna be).

Donnie was a sweetheart too, but a little shorter than I expected. I got a picture with him. We were not supposed to take pictures or have anything signed at the Meet & Greet. WTF? I got autographs from the girls and Donnie, not the guys. I didn't have anything to sign; I expected them to have promo pics and pens. They didn't have either. The girls and Donnie did.

It was a good night and I still heart the guys and girls from MTB4. The new video for the second single from the Day 26 album came out a week ago and I still watch it at least three times in a row. I hope they do well and I can say I met them when.