Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hi Hater! Thanks for your support.


I’ve said before that the word “hater’ should be retired, but I take that back. I just can’t seem to find a better word to describe the type of insecure loser that confesses his or her lack of confidence by saying mean things for no reason and going out his or her way to take away a good thing from someone else. The hater comes forth only steal and to kill and wreak havoc on the very person he wants to be or has something he wants.


We’ve all hated or have been hated on, but a hater goes a little further than making a catty remark in passing. The hater makes it her job to make sure that everyone in her world is miserable. Yes ma’am they do and the hater isn’t always the person talking smack and being a bitch. No the hater can be the ‘sweet’ bubbly girl that everyone loves. Trust me. I was silly enough to believe I didn’t have haters like that but in the past I’ve had the roaches come after my job, my relationships and my self esteem.


Yes, I’ve been catty before and I confess that is happens when I have days that I don’t feel that great. You know that day when your hair could not be tamed, the laundry forces you to wear that outfit you hate or for some reason you don’t feel that confident. It happens at networking events and parties and other social gatherings where you see a chic (who in your opinion you look better than) seems to be having a better time than you. It can happen in everyday matters too, but the point is we all have that moment of weakness where we say something not so nice about someone else to make ourselves feel better. Admit it.


The occasional fudge up doesn’t make you a hater. A hater will bring up the negative in every situation and the remark is usually irrelevant to the task at hand. Prime example your child hood friend introduces you to his fiancé and your first comment in your head is, “She ain’t that cute.” Hater! What about being happy for your friend? And if you say that ish out loud, you are most def a certified HATER! Someone gets a promotion who doesn’t even work with you and you talking about it ain’t that much more money, hater! A girl is strutting in the club like she own the joint and you talking about “Who see think she is, she ain’t all dat” hater! What does her thinking she hot have to do with you? FYI there can be more than one hot person in the room who is the hottest depends on you asking.


Haters have a lack mentality like there is not to go around. They believe that your success takes away from their success so they will do anything to take what you have. They believe that because they aren’t confident then you shouldn’t be either. Why else would they point out your little pooch or you missing wisdom tooth? Yes the hate can be so strong they all in your mouth. It’s almost like why is she smiling with her crooked teeth? If it was me I wouldn’t be smiling cause I care what people think. Haters aren’t happy people so they want your happiness. Cause you know there is a shortage of happiness and happiness is the same thing for everyone, right?


Haters spend a lot of time and make a concerted effort to hate. Haters use time that they could be using improving themselves to document how many times you came in tardy; find out how many exes you’ve had and advertise how many times you’ve worn your favorite headband. I finally understand the term, “my haters make me greater” cause they do. When someone goes out of her way to let me know I ain’t all that, it only confirms my alldatness. Our haters let us know we have something work having. Say thank you.